We are changing even if we are unaware of it – our bodies and thoughts; we meet new people and learn something new about someone or at work.
When we make conscious choices to change – this is where our real power lies.
Yes, one can be excited about the change. Most people find it difficult to change in some areas of their lives. Yet, in others, they readily tackle and make the change. It’s knowing who you are and what is essential to include in your life.
The range of emotions around change – confusion, overwhelming, anxiety, fear, and others surfaces depending on the change.
Change occurs from choice or an external event that forces us to change. Not all changes make us happy, though we can still choose how to respond.
When we go past the uncomfortable stage of a change, we can create more self-confidence because we push past and make the change.
If you don’t have an external event to move you along in change, how do you create a change in your life?
Steps – One Small Change
- Create a list – of all the changes you want to make in your current life. This list could be a small or a huge long list that will take a lifetime to implement. Put everything on it – yet think small when you decide on the specific change you want to include in your life.
- Identify – After creating your primary list, select the top three changes that add the most value to your life.
- Choose – One value change you believe is the most important and where you want to focus your attention.
- Break it down – create a list of actions for this change.
- Value – take one task and ask what value it will add to your life to make this change immediately.
- Action – after choosing the task you will start implementing – either stack the new habit with other habits or select a specific time to make the change consistently. I decided to add meditation to my daily life, so I usually do it in the morning after other habits. It works for me.
- Consistently – ensures you that the habit becomes part of your life.
Where you focus your attention is where your energy will go.
Use these simple steps for any change. Suppose you have a significant change you want to make in your life. In that case, you can reduce many overwhelming feelings by breaking down action steps, consistently implementing, creating success, and then moving on to another part of the change.
It may be helpful to find a buddy who also wants to make a change in their life. You can support each and keep both of you accountable for what you want to add to your life.
Think Small and Simple
When you choose to change, you are most successful when you start small, building on each step along the way, and before you know it, you have made an impactful change in your life. Trust going small will work out for you.
Do you want to make a change and resist because it feels overwhelming, given all you have to do in your life? If so, get coffee, tea, water, or wine, get a piece of paper, start brainstorming, and see what comes up. Trust that you can create the change you want in your life.
Women’s Group Topic
An excellent topic for a group setting. Share your feelings about change, and help each other get past the feeling stage and into the change creation and action steps. Be the support of each other.
“To fully enjoy the ‘richness’ of our lives, we need to stop long enough to visit with ourselves.”
Do you want to download a PDF copy of both of these books, then go to: