in Personal Growth | posted by Pat
Do you think about the things or people in your life that you love or appreciate? In my busy and hurried life, I realized that I could easily ignore all the beautiful and simple things and experiences I have in my life right now. When I embrace the task of appreciating what I have in my life right now, a smile naturally comes to my face and offers me a simple flow of love.
I received Carol Look’s ezine as she is my mentor on Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT). Last week’s ezine addressed when was the last time I wrote 10-20 things I love in my life today. It got me thinking and here is my list:
1. I love looking out the window from my 4th-floor apartment. I’m fortunate as it gives me a view of the ever-changing sky and lots of suns to warm my body and spirit.
2. I love the simple, yet memorable conversations I have with family and friends.
3. I love the express bus that is right across the street that takes me easily into New York City and drops me back home a few steps away from my apartment. I spend the time reading my emails, writing or reading a good book.
4. I love my yummy breakfast – yogurt, fruit, high-fiber crackers, and light cheese is one of my daily choices.
5. I love how Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT) releases tension from my body and adds love and forgiveness into my life.
6. I love writing about life and women’s topics.
7. I love how the spring trees blossomed with gentle, yet beautiful colored flowers, as well as some of their intense aromas. It lightens my spirit, and I feel more aligned with the world around me.
8. I loved the sun and missed it during the winter season.
9. I love having enough money to pay my bills. I don’t have a lot of money, but I pay my bills, and it keeps me sane.
10. I love being able to walk to the shopping center, be out in the fresh air and pick up a few items from the food store.
What do you love? Can you take the time now to create a list of what you are grateful for in your life? I would like to read your list and if you feel comfortable, share it.
Women’s Group Topics
I’m not sure about you, but most women have lots of complaints about what they don’t like, yet we rarely indulge in gratitude of all the incredibly small and significant aspects that occur in our lives. Why not create your lists of what you love and share it with others. Keep this list and add to it each day reminding yourself that there are many things to enjoy in your life.
“To fully enjoy the ‘richness’ of our lives, we need to stop long enough to visit with ourselves.”